What are erection problems?
Erection problems can be the result of a range of underlying causes, psychological causes as well as physical causes. For the treatment of erection problems it's very important to find the cause of the problems.
What are symptoms of erection problems?
- The penis is less hard during an erection
- Not being able to get an erections
- To investigate the cause of the erection problems
- To discuss possible treatment options
- If there are tensions in your relationship or in your life, then try to discuss these with someone and possibly try to solve them
- If you become less aroused or other feelings have changed, try to discuss this with your partner or otherwise a good friend or a professional
- Try to go to bed and get out of bed at set times, tiredness can affect the ability to get an erection
- Erection problems can cause shame, try to create a safe atmosphere in which these feelings can be discussed
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical exercise a day
- Contact a doctor to discuss the cause of the erection problems
Are erection problems serious and should I see a doctor?
Often erection problems don't have a serious underlying cause, but because of the large number of possible causes, it is important to contact a doctor.
Contact a doctor:
What can I do about erection problems?
How do erection problems affect my body?
The causes of erection problems can be divided into two categories: physical causes and psychological causes, like stress, tiredness, fear etc.
Physical causes of erection problems are mostly seen in men over 40. There is a range of different possible causes, but often they aren't serious. Sometimes it can be caused by a side-effect of medication, it could also be a secondary result of another disease. A doctor can investigate whether or not the cause of the problems is physical.
There are other things that can cause erection problems. Chronic fatigue, stress, relationship issues and performance anxiety are all possible contributing factors to erection problems. Try to think of possible non-physical factors that might be contributing to your erection problems.
It is important to stress that when you're growing older, the frequency and duration of erections decreases. An erection is also less easily produced and physical contact becomes more important in bringing about an erection. This is all part of normal aging, try to discuss this in a safe atmosphere.